[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by Solitude
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 Speeding Ticket/Hit the cop
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 02-04-14 7:54 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Hi guys need some suggestions.
I was driving at about 50/55 mph on 65 mph speed limit on I-95 in Connecticut on a snowy day.
My car skid on the snow and hit a cop's car who was parked on the shoulder lane. My car was total and thankfully I wasn't injured and the cop was alright as well. But other cop came and gave me a ticket for speeding when I was at 50/55 on 65 limit highway. I know the speed limit goes down on severe weather condition but still I was 10/15 mph slower then the limit.
Now I am worried that my premium will sky rocket.
Any suggestions for what I should do?

Posted on 02-04-14 8:13 AM     [Snapshot: 23]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Look into signing up for defensive driving course.
Posted on 02-04-14 9:10 AM     [Snapshot: 69]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

It is not clear what kind of speeding ticket he gave it to you; over the limit or under the limit.

Assuming your ticket was for over the speed limit, but you were not driving over the limit.

Plead not guilty. Go to the court, and tell the judge that you were not driving over the limit because you could not; because of heavy snow. And the reason you hit the cop's car was because your vehicle skid, which is beyond your control. The burden will now go to the people of Connecticut state to prove that you were driving over the speed limit.

Since you were not driving over the speed limit as you said, the state will not be able to prove it, and the judge can not charge you.

Posted on 02-04-14 9:37 AM     [Snapshot: 103]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Agreed with solu123. Plea not guilty, go to the court!
Posted on 02-04-14 10:16 AM     [Snapshot: 131]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Hire a traffic lawyer, they will appear on court. They change your speeding (moving violation) ticket to non moving violation. You don't get any points on your driving record. You don't have to take off from job either. Just you need to fax or make a visit to traffic lawyer office for few minutes to discuss your ticket.
Posted on 02-04-14 11:01 AM     [Snapshot: 183]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

" The burden will now go to the people of Connecticut state to prove that you were driving over the speed limit."
This is wrong advice. The judge will always listen and believe the cop unless you have a solid proof. The burden of proof is yours, not the cop's.
I agree with Dindukhi, if you can afford it, lawyer up. Even when the Lawyer says the same thing that you are claiming, because of their position and possible rapport with the judge, the outcome could be different-on your favor.
Posted on 02-04-14 1:03 PM     [Snapshot: 238]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

The CT cops usually around Fairfield County has nothing to do but bully the innocent civilians. The state trooper are another parasites. Your situation seems weather related, usually in the insurance there is a clause like comprehensive, which protects you from things like accident like snow, ice, rain or other mother nature damages, meaning it's no one's fault but mother nature cause. There will be a deductible depending on your choice(e.g 0, 250, 500, 1000 etc.).
You should plea not guilty and go to court and fight for it, since speeding ticket seems a joke. trooper should have a video for that too(as a proof). You should hire an attorney. If you live around Fairfield County( from Stamford- Bridgeport, Stratford), I know a very good lawyer, he can help you. send me your email address, I will send you his info. good luck
Posted on 02-07-14 7:40 AM     [Snapshot: 539]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thank you Riddle, Solu, Pirka, Dindukhi, Kiddo and Gin. Your suggestions are highly appreciated.. Probably I will find a lawyer and let him fight this case. Also I am from Rhode Island and the accident happened in CT, I don't know if that makes any difference..

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 30 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
डीभी परेन भने खुसि हुनु होस् ! अमेरिकामाधेरै का श्रीमती अर्कैसँग पोइला गएका छन् !
शीर्षक जे पनि हुन सक्छ।
Sajha Poll: नेपालका सबैभन्दा आकर्षक महिला को हुन्?
NRN card pros and cons?
Basnet or Basnyat ??
Nas and The Bokas: Coming to a Night Club near you
अमेरिकामा छोरा हराएको सूचना
Breathe in. Breathe out.
My facebook archive (for sale)
Top 10 Anti-vaxxers Who Got Owned by COVID
ढ्याउ गर्दा दसैँको खसी गनाउच
Doctors dying suddenly or unexpectedly since the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines
Sajha has turned into MAGATs nest
nrn citizenship
if you are in USA illegally and ask for asylum it is legal
Poonam pandey - death or suicide?
3 most corrupt politicians in the world
How long does Citizenship take?
Shot Dead
TPS Work Permit/How long your took?
Nas and The Bokas: Coming to a Night Club near you
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters