[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by NepaliBaje
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 04-03-18 11:06 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

I recently became us citizen through naturalization. I have a daughter she was born in Nepal 4 years ago and she is with me now in US. According to the law , she automatically becomes citizenship once I got citizenship. The question here is ,
Can I directly apply passport for her or should I apply for naturalization certificates first ? Any sajha people have previous experience on this? Suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Posted on 04-03-18 12:16 PM     [Snapshot: 85]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

IMO, her birth certificate is proof of her citizenship. She doesn't need naturalization certificate. Also, she didn't go through naturalization certificate so she won't get naturalization certificate.
Posted on 04-03-18 2:16 PM     [Snapshot: 174]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

@sajhamitra. Did u read this story? I have mentioned she was born in Nepal.
Posted on 04-03-18 3:00 PM     [Snapshot: 215]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Your daughter has to be Green Card holder to be eligible to become automatic citizen. I had the same situation in my son's case. In my case, my son got green card when I became green card holder through employment. After I became US citizen, we applied for his passport directly. He didn't have to go through the naturalization process because he was a minor.
I am not sure, my situation does help you to understand your process.


Posted on 04-03-18 10:04 PM     [Snapshot: 453]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

It is wise to apply for N-600, for your minor child to get a Certificate of Citizenship Number.

REMEMBER, sometimes when we file a Form, they ask for Citizenship Questions


1. I am a US citizen through Naturalization. My Certificate of Naturalization No. is ______________

2. I am a US citizen through Parent(s). My Certificate of Citizenship No. is __________________

So what is your kid going to write on the Certificate of Citizenship no, if he/she doesn't have one. Passport number is NOT the right one.

Then once you get the Certificate of Citizenship, you can mail that orginal certificate with Passport application.

Otherwise, you have to send other documents to verify your citizenship and ( you and your child relationship bunch of documents) with passport application.


Posted on 04-03-18 11:49 PM     [Snapshot: 560]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

No need to apply for N-600. She is automatically a US citizen. You can directly apply for her passport.
Posted on 04-04-18 11:37 AM     [Snapshot: 738]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Sexy :

So what is your kid going to write on the Certificate of Citizenship no, if he/she doesn't have one. Passport number is NOT the right one

So what is it?
Posted on 04-04-18 12:09 PM     [Snapshot: 781]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

seriously guys, get the certificate. at the least, you will miss opportunity for not having papers handy. i know a korean who was sent back because her step mom was legally on the same page as you guys but didn't bother to get citizenship certificate for her adopted kid. when the parents died without a traceable trail of paperwork, and a ton of court visits and appeals and fuck ups, the poor kid couldn't do a thing. she is in korea.
Last edited: 04-Apr-18 12:10 PM


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 7 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
What are your first memories of when Nepal Television Began?
निगुरो थाहा छ ??
Basnet or Basnyat ??
Nepali doctors future black or white usa ?
Doctors dying suddenly or unexpectedly since the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines
हेर अमेरिकामा नेपालीहरुको बेज्जत
nrn citizenship
Federal judge has rejected a plea to temporarily restore the scores of 832 medical graduates from Nepal
Do US citizen and Nepali citizen require transit visa for connecting flight to USA from Nepal?
Travelling on TPS advance travel document to different country...
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters